CareerMobile Maintenance Foreman
We are currently looking for a Mobile Maintenance General Foreman for our operatiion at Dufferin Mine. Located in Port Dufferin, NS, this is a great opprutunity to join a growing company.
Reporting to the Mine Captain,the Mobile Maintenace Generalforeman will oversee maintenance department of underground equiptment. Duties include but are not limited to:
1) Parts inventory management and ordering.
2) Ensuring that regular maintenance and documentation is done.
3) Overseeing the work of mechanics on site.
The ideal candidate should be a Journeyman trades person with at last 5-10 years experince in a management role. Other coombinations of experience/eduction may be considered.
Please apply for this position by emailing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Mine Controller/Senior Accountant
Ressources Appalaches (TSX-V:APP) was first established in 1994 and has been publically traded since 1997 and is Atlantic Canada’s newest producing gold mine. The Company’s Dufferin Gold Mine, located in Port Dufferin , Nova Scotia approx. 10 mins from Sheet Harbour, is expected to reach full production by August 2014. This is a terrific opportunity to be part of the senior finance team with growth potential in a truly exciting project.
The organization is looking for an assistant controller to join the small management team. This newly created job will report up to the CFO/Controller. As the assistant controller you will be accountable for the integrity of all financial information. The job duties will include preparation of quarterly financial reports, financial statements and MD&A under IFRS. You will be in charge of preparation of monthly cash position reports and forecasting, monthly budget versus actual reports, internal and external audit coordination, overseeing transactions processing, analysis, reporting, reconciliation, and closing activities. An exciting part of this assistant controller job will be participating actively in ERP implementation and having true ownership in the financial management and direction of the business.
To be considered for this role, you meet the following qualifications:
• Previous mining industry experience is an absolute requirement
• Designated (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
• Keen analytical, problem solving and data management skills (advanced Excel skills preferred)
• Detail oriented with a 'can do' attitude and continuous improvement mindset
• A team first attitude combined with the ability to stay calm under pressure and effectively manage shifting priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills as the role will interact with a variety of stakeholders on a regular basis
• Willingness to travel to mine site regularly on an as needed basis
Ability to speak/write French would be beneficial but not required
Compensation: $60,000 to $75,000 plus company benefits package
Ressources Appalaches Inc has an immediate opening for a Payroll/Payables Clerk to join our Dufferin Gold Mine Team in Port Dufferin, Nova Scotia. We are seeking a self motivated and detail oriented person who takes pride in consistently producing accurate work.
Duties would include but are not limited to:
- Process and reconcile company payroll, salaries and hourly (up to 75 employees)
- Update and maintain personnel information; new hires, terminations, etc.
- Prepare Records of Employment
- Process employee benefits
- Communicate and coordinate with other internal departments and staff as required
- Assist the Controller and Finance Clerk with accounts payable entries and month end closing duties as required
- Perform other related duties as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrate discretion and professionalism
- Be flexible and able to adapt to fast paced and changing conditions
- Have strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Be able to work independently with little supervision and to also work effectively in a team environment
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in a similar role
- Canadian Payroll Association certification considered an asset
- Sage (Simply Accounting) software experience a preferred asset
- Knowledge of national and provincial labour standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office an asset
Ressources Appalaches offers a competitive compensation package, training opportunities and an exciting and fast paced working environment.APPLY
Location: Dufferin Mine Sheet Harbour NS Closing Date: To Be Announced
- Reporting to the Process Boss.
- Two (2) to Five (5) of experience in Mill process operations.
- Complete duties within the Mill process which could include task within the following areas: Flotation’s Circuit, (Rougher and Cleaners) Grinding Circuit (Ball Mill) Tailing and Thickener operations.
- Knowledge of wet grind system and flow through mill and flotation area.
- Knowledge of filtering process.
- Operate processing equipment and make adjustments as needed within the circuits to maximize recoveries.
- Take process reading and record hourly activities.
- Perform start-up and shut-downs of plant or related systems.
- Knowledge of placard system to accurately identify hazards materials.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental policies and responsible for reporting any issues and or concerns.
- Perform housekeeping duties in your work area.
- Experience in operating mobile equipment such as: forklift, front-end loader and overhead lifting devices.
- Clean criminal record
Compensation – This position is considered to be a unique opportunity to share in the growth of the Dufferin Mine project on the path to gold production in Nova Scotia. A competitive compensation awaits the successful candidate.
Location: Dufferin Mine Sheet Harbour NS Closing: To be announced
- Reporting to Site Services
- Must hold an Electrician Journeyman certification for Nova Scotia
- Must have minimum five years industrial experience.
- Must be a safety conscious individual who understands, appreciates, and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Strong troubleshooting and decision making skills.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical equipment and machinery.
- Execute preventative and predictive maintenance programs for electrical systems.
- Work effectively in a flexible team environment, and communicate clearly with peers and management.
- Valid driver's license
- Clean criminal record
Compensation – This position is considered to be a unique opportunity to share in the growth of the Dufferin Mine project on the path to gold production in Nova Scotia. A competitive compensation awaits the successful candidate.APPLY
Heavy Duty Mine Mechanic
We are currently looking for a Journeyman Heaby Duty Mechanic. This position will work a schedule of 7 days on 7 days off and will report to the Mine Captain. Please forward your application with Heavy Duty Mechanic as the subject line to email@example.com